8player is the latest application for Video, Music & Photo streaming from any compatible UPnP/DLNA server. You can view your media on your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch or use 8player as remote control for your DLNA compatible player.
Supported media formats:
- Video: mp4, mov, m4v, 3gp, avi, mkv, mpg, wmv, asf, flv, ogg, vob, etc.
- Music: mp3, aac, wav, aif, alac, flac, wma, etc.
- Images: jpeg, png, gif, bmp, ico, tiff.
By purchasing the 8player you acquire:
- Regular updates
- User-friendliness (even a child can easily understand and use this application)
- Extraordinary, unique interface (including live backgrounds, variety of styles and different visual effects)
- iOS 5 support
- AirPlay support
- Background audio playback (8player continues playing after you press the home button)
- Playback over 3G! (below you can find instructions for 3G playback setup)
- Remote control for your DLNA compatible players
- Gestures support
- Subtitles support
- ...and much more!..
DLNA is a standard which enables media content exchange between compatible devices via home network, as well as photos, music and video display in real time mode. 8player enables to use your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch as a part of digital home. DLNA is a technology utilized by millions of people. Join in!
You don’t need any additional software or additional configuration. 8player uses the media server you already have and automatically recognizes devices in your network with no need of manual configuration or settings. Just turn it on and watch video, listen to the music or view photos in the network. If you don’t have DLNA/UPnP servers, you can use embedded Windows 7 server (built in Windows Media Player), or download any other free server.
*** 3G and VPN playback setup ***
To set 3G playback please follow this instruction: 3G playback setup
To set VPN playback please follow this instruction: VPN playback setup